Tuesday, November 8, 2011

First Custom Order through Etsy! YAY!!

I have my first custom order/request through Etsy!  I am SO excited!    The customer sent me a photo of her daugther's dress and asked that I create a bow to match!  I ended up having to go to 3 different stores for ribbon due to the fact that the colors of the dress are the same colors as several local sports teams/school colors and very popular but I did it, I found enough ribbon in different sizes and textures to create what I think to be a really cute bow!!!  What do you think?
This cute little dress can be found here:  http://www.kellyskids.com/kkids/  Kelly's Kids.


The base ribbon is 1.5" Royal Blue grosgrain with white polka dots.  The second layer is a 1.5" Royal Blue sheer ribbon with satin edges giving this a light, airy, feminine feel.  The spike layer consists of several differen Royal Blue and White ribbons, satins and lacy scallops.  The top is a 7/8" Royal Blue grosgrain with small white dots and a 7/8" white grosgrain knotted in the center.  All attached to a double prong alligator clip partially covered in matching ribbon and finally a non-slip gripper. 

She also sent me a picture of the above hoodie explaining that her daughter had a dress this color with lots of brown and could I create a bow for that outfit.  Below is what I came up with.

The base ribbon here is a chocolate brown with blue polka dots in a 1.5" grosgrain.  The second layer is a slightly lighter shade of chocolate 1.5" grosgrain.  The spikes consist of powder blue and chocolate ribbons, 1/2", 7/8" and 3/8" satins and organzas.  The ends of the more delicate ribbons have been finished off using Fray Check, the grosgrains have been heat set!  The top is a 5/8" powder blue grosgrain with a chocolate/blue stitched knotted grosgrain center.  Again, double proned alligator clip and non-slip grippers. 

I really hope the customer likes the bows!

No comments:

Post a Comment